Monday, June 7, 2010
And thats makes me reeeeeeeeeally happy. Soooooooooooo happy that I wanted to write and let everyone know. :)
The summer was really bad this year. May be we say that each year but this year it was really hot. And it was humid, so sweaty and tiring. But now it is going to be good. Because its raining.. yeppie..
Its beautiful out here with 'metti ki khushboo', all the trees washed green and the cool breeze. Mumbai is back to its beautiful self. :) Its now time for some adrak ki chai, garam garam bhutta, some tasty spicy bhajiya and much more.. :)
YEY!! Its raining...
Monday, February 22, 2010
Its been 5 years since I have met Sanket and so much seem to change since then. By change I mean everything… like at the beginning of these 5 year Sanket was a friend, then changed to good friend, then a “Just good friend” :P , then a boy friend then fiancé and now a husband.
I enjoyed all these phases in our relationship. And so I can say that our relationship changed or should I say grew gradually and pleasantly.
During all this growing of our relationship, one thing that was always constant was Sanket’s craziness for his gym workout. I always use to complaint, ‘he loves his gym and workout more than me’. In any weather, under any circumstances he would never miss his gym. Even in Canada in extreme temperatures of – 45C, I have seen him going to the gym.
But now there is a change. I don’t know if it is a good change or not so good change. Sanket makes excuses for not going to the gym. Can you believe that? But you have to believe that, he gives excuses like, I was too tired, I was too sleepy, my back was paining, I am feeling feverish… un believable right?
You know what is even more unbelievable? J I do not bunk gym at all. I get up 5:00 in the morning and go to the gym everyday. And on top of it, if I find Sanket still sleeping when I get back, I scold him for not going. Isn’t this too much of a change?
Thursday, February 18, 2010
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 2 medium sized chopped onions
- 4 tbsp of ghee or 8 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1/2 cup malai
- 1 tbsp cashewnut powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds powder
- 3 or 4 green chillies (split)
- Marinate the chicken in ginger garlic paste, curd, pepper and salt for two hours.
- Add ghee/oil in the preheated pan.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add chicken to this and fry till the ghee separates.
- Add cashewnut and poppy seed powder to thicken the gravy.
- Add water for desired consistency.
- Add split green chillies.
- Now cover and let it cook till the chicken is done.
- Turn off the gas and add malai.
- Garnish with corriander.
- I used oil and not ghee
- I did not have cashewnut and poppy seed powder, so I soaked cashewnuts and poppy seeds in water for about 1/2 hour and then made a thick paste of it together.
- I did not add malai. Found the gravy too creamy even before adding malai so avoided it.
- In the garnish I also added mint leaves.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
New year is here… and one of my many resolution is to write a blog at least twice a month. It is not a forceful decision that I have to have to do it. But it is something I want to do. Just that I was giving excuses to everyone reading this blog and to myself that I am falling short of time - “Time hi nahi milta”. Not that this is not true. It is true. I hardly get time to do anything that I really want to do and so this resolution. A resolution to find time to do what I like and enjoy and something that makes me feel good. This resolution also includes reading books. I have decided to read at least one book a month or may be in 2 months. But the whole point is to read a book.
Keeping to my resolution I am writing this blog. First blog in the year 2010. J Also I am reading “The White Tiger” these days. It is slow book but it is not the book I want to just leave because it is slow. It is a kind of book that I want to read till the end and know what happens. Once I finish this I will write about it. Hope it doesn’t disappoint me. J
I hope I can keep up to my resolutions in 2010. And wishing everyone good luck for the same!!